The perfect pickle gift for a sour foods aficionado or a friend seeking a probiotic party! The Sour Box includes every type of pickle we make: kimchi, pickles, kraut and beets! Plus, a seasonal pickle and one of our phenomenally flavorful Chili Bear hot sauces. Look super fine eating all your fermented foods in one of our shirts.
We select and hand pack each item in your Sour Box, just like at our farmers markets. In the Special Instructions box above, please denote requests for specific product(s) or guidance regarding food preferences.*
Each sour box includes a letter introducing Number 1 Sons + fermented foods with a full list of ingredients and suggestions on how to eat our fermented foods. Here's a full list of the good stuff in The Sour Box, total value of $56:
- 1x Kimchi, small size (3/4 lb). Sons Kimchi is our classic kimchi and most often included in our sour boxes.
- 2x Pickles, medium size (1-1/2 lb). During summer cucumber season, we include two cucumber pickles varieties. These pickles can be half sours, full sours or sweet pickles. During winter radish season, we include daikon radish pickles, green beans or Super Sour cucumber pickles.
- 1x Kraut, small size (3/4 lb). Clean Kraut is our classic kraut standby. We also have 1-3 varieties of rotating seasonal krauts.
- 1x Beets pickled with Virginia apple cider vinegar, small size (3/4 lb). Our beloved Cider Masala Beets are most often included.
- 1x Seasonal Pickles, small size. Varies by the seasonal availability of vegetables and our culinary whimsy!
- 1x Chili Bear hot sauce. Generally our Chili Bears are hot or very hot! We do have 1 or 2 milder varieties of Chili Bear hot sauce. Please include instructions if your Sour Box recipient has a heat preference.
- Handwritten Gift Note. To add a card with a handwritten note, please select a gift wrapping option when viewing your cart
- 1x Number 1 Sons Shirt, 'District Dills' 'Kicky Koshers' or 'Let's Talk Kimchi' design
*Please do note if you're buying for a soy-free eater as we seasonally make kimchi with miso (fermented soybeans) OR if you're buying for a vegan eater that does not eat honey as we make Honey Habanero pickles. Otherwise, all our products are vegan, gluten free and soy free.